I’m never thrilled when Adam’s anti-seizure medicine is increased. If you Google, “Keppra Behavior Problems” you find a bevy of forum posts from frustrated parents discussing what they call “KeppRAGE.” While Adam isn’t prone to rages, I can say it affects his sleep, his attitude and his willingness to do ANYTHING that he is supposed to. Eventually he adjusts and life returns to normal, but as of now, someone please hook me up with some wine.
Adam got up at 4:30 this morning and kicked it with daddy til I got up at 8. I put off all plans and tried unsuccessfully from noon until almost 2:30 to get him to nap. Finally, I just tossed him in the car and figured he’d nap on the way to the park.
Adam’s interpretation of that Neyo and Pitbull classic “Tonight”
The rest of the evening in numbers:
3. The number of times he ran away from me at the grocery.
65. Approximately the number of interesting curse words he used on the trip home, despite my protests.
6. The number of time outs he served this evening.
1. The number of hours I put him to bed early.
3. The number of times he got out of bed to tell me “some-ping” and I nearly lost my mind.
2. The number of times tonight he took my face in his little hands and said, “Dear God. Please help mommy.” and gave me the most beautiful sigh.
Yeah, yeah. You know it.